Easter Egg

Easter Egg 2
Whenever I have icing prepared I love to try a few designs for the next big holiday. I had a whole rainbow of colors prepared, complete with a thicker outlining consistency and a more liquid filling consistency.

I wish I had a frosting mixing robot

I knew I was going to do white, pink, orange, yellow, green and blue for the baby shower cookies so I thought, why not do purple as well so I could make some princess cookies & Easter cookies as well. They would look beautiful as part of an Easter basket. I think if I did them again I would settle on a thicker icing, like this one, but to be honest, those thick icings can overtake the frosting. It’s hard to find the right balance between pretty cookie and tasty cookie. With these Easter cookies I wanted both…

9 thoughts on “Easter Egg

• February 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Very cute Suz! I love the colors! Can you freeze decorated cookies?

• February 8, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Yes, you can freeze them. I'd rather just give them away. I froze some of our Thanksgiving ones and they came out fine. The royal icing becomes more dry and flaky when they are frozen so the cookies become fragile. I guess I should have thought of saving these for Easter!

• February 9, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Thanks! It was a lot of work to outline and flood each color, but I don't like frosting overload!

• April 5, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Oh my goodness, if you find a cookie mixing robot, please let me know! I need one too!

• April 5, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Haha!!! Everytime I'm making colors I think of what I could use to make it easier on my wrists… etc. Thanks for commenting. My facebook is facebook.com/sweetsbysuz – what is yours?

• April 5, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Duh!!! Sorry you are my Anthem Baked Equation friend. it's hard to keep track of all the names!! Enjoy this lovely weather while you can!

• April 6, 2012 at 2:03 am

I am a HUGE FAN OF COLOR!! I have not done may pastel sets but your beautiful eggs make me want to run to the kitchen and make some icing:)
    Thanks for linking up with me@

• April 6, 2012 at 2:14 am

Your blog is one of my favorites!! if only making icing were easier. i made 8 colors tonight. I hope to start decorating before midnight!! 🙂