pressure cooker hard boiled eggs 2

We are in healthy eating mode… so lots and lots of egg whites is part of that.  I love the way an egg white can make a salad suddenly substantial.  I needed hard boiled eggs for lunch today but I did not want to heat the kitchen cooking them on the stove top.  I had heard about making hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker but never tried it before.  I am so happy with the results.  The eggs cooked very quickly and even better, it was SO easy to remove the shells!  They peeled right off.  The pressure cooking must do something to help release the egg shell!  I  can’t wait to make dozens of these using the pressure cooker next Easter.  I only made 9 eggs, but I am pretty sure 12 would be just fine.  I am using one of my favorite kitchen accessories, my Cuisinart Electric Pressure cooker.

Hard Boiled Eggs in the Pressure Cooker

• 1 cup water
  • 6-12 large eggs

Place 1 cup of water in the bowl of the pressure cooker.  Now use the small wire steamer insert to lift the eggs off the bottom of the pressure cooker.  Cook on low pressure for 6 minutes.  Allow the pressure to release naturally.  Remove the eggs and allow them to cool.  Peel and serve.

For soft boiled eggs, follow the same instructions, except reduce cooking time to one minute low pressure with quick pressure release.  For medium boiled eggs, the same holds true, except the eggs are cooked three minutes on low pressure with quick release.  It may be necessary to run the eggs under to cool water after cooking so they do not over cook.

Here is a great blog post if you want to know more.

The Cuisinart Electric Pressure cooker is definitely one of my all time favorite kitchen tools!

pressure cooker hard boiled eggs

12 thoughts on “How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Pressure Cooker

• July 27, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Because of you everyone in my family has a Cuisinart pressure cooker and now because of you we can now peel our hard boiled eggs. Yipee skipee

• October 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Jayne,
      Did you try the hard-boiled eggs? So easy! I need to get dieting again so I have to keep them on hand. The kids love hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper… let me know if it works for you!
      Suzanne

• August 31, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Works like a charm. Im using my NuWave pressure cooker on the PIC.
        like you said now we can peel them.

• January 4, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I would actually really like to do this, but my pressure cooker only has one setting. Do you know if cooking them at “high” pressure would cause any problems? I have fresh quail eggs every day right now, and it would be nice to be able to peel them without losing most of the whites!

• January 13, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Erica,
      I would try it on whatever setting your pressure cooker has, but for less time. If you can, I would invest in the Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker – I am not getting commission or anything from Cuisinart but I love how user friendly it is. When I used a stovetop pressure cooker I would get distracted by one of my 5 kids and the food would burn.
      Let me know how this works in your pressure cooker.
      Good luck!
      Suzanne 🙂

• January 13, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Erica,
      As you can tell I’m behind on answering comments, but was 6 minutes just right for the quail eggs? I will never go back to boiling eggs!
      Suzanne 🙂

• March 26, 2015 at 10:35 pm

just thought I would take a minute to add my comment. I tried this the other day and wow does it work yes! I have never had eggs heal so easily and with no effort whatsoever to cook them. Yes I like mine with a little bit of mustard.

• April 11, 2015 at 9:16 pm

It works great, doesn’t it?!
      Suzanne 🙂

• April 21, 2015 at 5:21 am

I’m so pumped you included the medium and soft boiled cooking times! I’m sooo doing this tomorrow!

• May 6, 2015 at 4:29 am

Did it work okay? I LOVE making hard boiled eggs in my pressure cooker. I really need to be a better blogger! How do you do it?!!! My house is almost organized so someday soon… 🙂
      Thanks for looking
      Suzanne

• May 24, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Can you please tell me….I have a “stovetop” pressure cooker, how many minutes and at which red ring do I cook hard boiled eggs? Thank you very much.

• April 5, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I’m sorry – I would try it on the lowest setting first. I’m not familiar with stove top pressure cookers